Your hospital uses AMiON on the web, but did you know there is a free AMiON mobile app? Doximity has partnered with AMiON to create the mobile application on iOS and Android. With the app, you can swap shifts with colleagues, make a call or page to your on call team, send HIPAA-secure texts, and much more through your mobile device. This guide will go through the basics on how to use AMiON through your mobile device.
Setting up the Amion App (1 minute)
- 1. Download the free app in the App Store or Google Play.
- 2. Once downloaded, open the AMiON app. Two tabs will appear on the bottom left and right and you have the option to either Join (create an account) or Sign in.
- 3. To log into the AMiON app, use the email address and password you use for your Doximity account. Forgot your Doximity password? Recover your password: https://www.doximity.com/password_resets/new
- If you are not a Doximity Member, tap Join. You will be prompted to a screen that will take you through the registration process. During registration, If you’re not a MD/DO/NP/PA/PharmD, tap Create Profile Manually to create an “Other HC profn’l Amion Scheduler” account.
- 4. After you log into the app, set up your schedule by entering your AMiON login/staff password here (ex. schedule 123). Confirm this is you so you can receive messages from amion.com and so your colleagues can message you directly from the Who's On Tab.
Viewing your Shifts
Your next shifts will show at top of the Home tab.
- - Single day schedules by group are viewed from the Who’s On tab.
- - Monthly schedules will show up on the Calendar’s tab. Your schedule and anyone you’ve opted to follow will show here as well.
Securely Text Your Colleagues
See your messages on the Messages Tab below. Your message list is composed of people with the mobile app and who have added the same AMiON staff password (ex: everyone who added schedule 123 during setup). All texts sent and received are HIPAA secure. You are able to do the following:
- - You can send messages to individuals or multiple recipients to start a group chat
- - You can see read receipts to confirm your message was received
- - Select a colleague and look beneath their name at the top of the Messages tab to know whether they are online or replying to your message
See your colleagues’ schedules
See specific colleagues schedules on the Calendars Tab. Use the monthly view to help coordinate or find colleagues who can trade shifts with you.
Android Platform + iOS Platform
- - Access AMiON on your Android/iOS Device
- - Tap Calendars
- - Tap Add a schedule
This will bring a list of the people from your schedule/department. Please choose who you wish to add.The application will ask if this is you or not. Please answer accordingly. Tap Done in the upper right corner.
Was this helpful?