Your hospital uses AMiON on the web, but did you know there is a free AMiON mobile app? Doximity has partnered with AMiON to create the mobile application on iOS and Android. With the app, you can make a call or page to your on-call team, send secure texts, and much more through your mobile device. This guide will go through the basics of how to use AMiON through your mobile device.
Setting up the Amion App
1) Download the free app in the App Store.
2) Once downloaded, open the AMiON app. Two buttons will appear in the center of the screen. You have the option to either sign in with your Doximity credentials (black button) or register with Doximity (white button) if you don’t already have a Doximity account.
3) To log into the AMiON app, use the email address and password you use for your Doximity account. Forgot your Doximity password? Recover your password here.
- If you are not a Doximity Member, tap 'Find your profile' and you will be prompted to a screen that will take you through the registration process.
4) After you log into the app, set up your schedule by entering your AMiON login/staff password here (ex. schedule123). This is the same password that you use when logging into amion.com to view your schedule.
5) Once you have entered your AMiON password. If the password is for an enterprise. You will be prompted to select the department you would like to view.
6) Once you select a department OR if the login you entered is for a single department or stand-alone schedule. You will be prompted to select the group you would like to view.
7) Once you have selected a group, you will be asked to claim your identity. This is what allows you to receive secure messages from amion.com as well as communicate with other colleagues on the app. Be sure to type your name as it appears on your schedule.
8) You can also optionally follow your colleagues’ schedules. By following them, you will see a colored dot on the calendar whenever they are on.
Viewing your Shifts
You can view all your shifts on the first tab of the app.
- You can view the calendar in the upper half on a week or month-level view. Your schedule and anyone you’ve opted to follow will show here as well via the colored dots. You can edit these colors in settings at any time.
- The bottom half of the screen is the shifts for your group for a given day. You can change the group you are viewing anytime by tapping the group name at the top of the screen.
Securely Text Your Colleagues
See your messages on the Messages Tab below. Your message list is composed of people with the mobile app and who have added the same AMiON staff password (ex: everyone who added schedule 123 during setup). You are able to do the following:
- You can send messages to individuals or multiple recipients to start a group chat
- You can see read receipts to confirm your message was received
- Send images or videos
Managing, adding, or deleting logins
You can edit or add additional schedules by tapping Settings in the upper right corner of the who’s on tab.