Users can now 'Unsend' a text in the Doximity app. You are able to unsend a text before it auto-expires within 7 days.
Note: Your text will still be sent to the patient, but the message will show as expired on the patient's end.
To unsend a text:
- Navigate to the 'Dialer' tab in the Doximity app
- For iOS tap on the 'History' tab in the upper left-hand corner
- For Android, tap on the 'History' icon located under the number 9
- Tap on the 'Text' tab
- Tap on the text that you wish to unsend
- For iOS, tap on the 'Unsend' button
- For Android, tap on the 'Undo Send' button
- For iOS tap on the red 'Usend' button
- For Android, tap on the 'Undo Send'
Your text will then show that it has been 'Unsent'.
When the patient click's the link in the received text, they will see the following message:
"This message has expired. Please contact your provider for more information."