When we launched the Doximity Dialer app in December 2016, we didn’t anticipate just how big the demand was for a solution for clinicians to call and reach patients privately from their mobile phones.
Dialer has served as the catalyst for a more flexible and convenient approach to patient engagement and inspired us to develop 2 more features: One Way Texting and Straight to Voicemail.
Frequently Asked Question
1. What is Doximity Straight to Voicemail?
Straight to Voicemail feature is a free feature in the Doximity app that lets eligible Doximity members directly reach their patient’s voicemail and leave a message with a callback number.
2. Who is eligible to use the Straight to Voicemail feature in Doximity?
The Straight to Voicemail feature is available for all U.S. practicing physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists and medical students who also registered and verified members of Doximity.
3. Where can I find the Straight to Voicemail feature?
The Straight to Voicemail feature is only available in the Doximity app for all iOS devices and Android devices.
4. I have an iPhone and I don’t see the Straight to Voicemail feature in the Doximity app.
If you don’t see the Straight to Voicemail feature in the Doximity app for iPhone, please update your app. Here's how:
- On your phone, open the App Store by tapping on the App Store icon
- Once you're in the App Store, on the bottom menu, tap the Updates icon
- In the Updates section, you'll see the Doximity app (and any other apps) that need to be updated. Tap Update next to the Doximity app.
- Open and sign into the Doximity app. You should see the Dialer icon on the bottom menu
5. I have an Android phone and I don’t see the Straight to Voicemail feature in the Doximity app.
The Straight to Voicemail feature is available on app versions 6.3.0 or greater. It is currently being beta tested with a limited number of Doximity members. If you would like to test the Straight to Voicemail (in beta) for Android and join the Doximity Beta Program, go here: Join the Doximity Beta Program.
6. Does Straight to Voicemail work when calling landlines?
Straight to Voicemail does not work when calling landlines or VoIP (voice over IP) phone numbers.
7. Does Straight to Voicemail work when calling international numbers?
No, Straight to Voicemail only works when calling 10 digit U.S. mobile phone numbers. You can use Straight to Voicemail to connect directly to the voicemailbox of any U.S. mobile number, regardless of geography or phone carrier.
8. What if my patient doesn’t have their voicemailbox set up?
If you use Straight to Voicemail to call someone who doesn’t have their voicemailbox set up, you will not be connected to their voicemail and the call will end. You can still call your patient using the free Dialer feature in the Doximity app.
9. What will be displayed on my patient’s phone when I call them using the Straight to Voicemail feature?
After you leave a voicemail on your patient’s phone With the Straight to Voicemail feature, you can choose a CallBack number to display on your patient’s Caller ID.
If the phone number you choose to place a call from is saved in your patient’s phone book, your patient will see a Voicemail notification from that phone number, as it’s listed in their phone book.