When we launched the Doximity Dialer app in December 2016, we didn’t anticipate just how big the demand was for a solution for clinicians to call and reach patients privately from their mobile phones.
Dialer has served as the catalyst for a more flexible and convenient approach to patient engagement and inspired us to develop 2 more features: One Way Texting and Direct-to-Voicemail.
One Way Text
The One Way Texting option allows you to send a text message to your patient's cell phone while still protecting your private cell phone number. Built-in templates make it easy to get through your patient list quickly.
We treat messages sent through the Dialer text feature as PHI and secure it accordingly on our platform. However, these messages are available to recipients in an unencrypted form and because they may not secure their device, prior to displaying the first message we ask recipients to consent to receive unencrypted messages from their healthcare provider via text message.
How to Start Using One Way Texting
The One Way Texting feature is currently in beta for all iPhone and Android users.
Join Doximity's Beta Program and start using One Way Texting now.
Steps 1-3: Open the Doximity app and go to the Dialer tab.
- Choose the Call-Back number to append to your text.
- Enter your patient’s phone number.
- Tap the One Way Text icon to compose a text
Step 4: Choose a text template or write your own text.
Step 5-6: Edit and send your text.
Step 7: You will see a Text Sent message upon text delivery.
Once your patient reads your text message, you will receive a notification.
To receive notifications when your patient reads your message, please enable your notifications. Here's how to do it:
1. Open the Doximity app on your phone. Go to the Home tab.
2. On the top right of the screen, tap your profile photo to go to your profile. If you don't have a profile photo, tap the circle with your initials on it.
3. Once you're on your profile, tap the blue Settings icon on the top right of the screen to go to Settings.
4. Once you're in Settings, tap Push Notifications to see your push notifications permissions.
5. Once you're on the Push Notifications settings page, swipe the button to the right to enable your push notifications.
6. Close out the app, then re-open it. Then, test out the One-Way Texting feature once more with a friend or colleague to ensure it works.