New to Doximity? See our separate Dialer setup instructions for new members.
- Install and open the free Doximity app on your phone
- Enter your email address and password, then tap the blue Sign In button. If you are having trouble signing into the app, get login help here.
Watch the video below or move on to the next steps for a more detailed set of steps
Setting Up Dialer
Once you sign in, tap the Dialer icon( )near the bottom of your screen
Tap the blue Link My Phone button on the pop-up. Tap on it.
You will be prompted to “Call +1 (415)-xxx-xxx, xxxxxx”. This is an automated call, the last 6 digits on the number are used for verification purposes.
Note: If for some reason you do not see the Link My Phone screen you will have to manually update your Settings. Please:
- Open up the Doximity application and tap on the Dialer tab
- Tap on the Settings button/icon under the number 7
- Tap on This Device Number
- Enter your real cell phone number here
- Tap on Save
If you have an office number associated with your profile, you are all done with the setup. You should see a screen saying You’re In!. You can start using Dialer.
- If you do not have an office number, it will ask you for one on the next screen. Enter the number you want to display on your patient’s caller ID.
- The number at the top of the Dialer screen is the phone number that will be displayed on your patient’s caller ID when you use Doximity Dialer.
To place a call, dial your patient’s phone number on the keypad and tap the green call button.
- You will see “Call +1-415-xxx-xxxx” number. This is a bridge line that will connect you to your call, but hide your number.
If you are not verified, it will prompt you to Get Verified. Tap Get Verified.
That’s it! You will be connected to the recipient of your call, and they will see your office number on their caller ID.
Other questions: Dialer FAQ