Mobile App Troubleshooting
I don't see the Video Call function in Dialer on the Doximity mobile app.
Dialer Video is available on the Doximity App for iPhone and Android. You must have the latest version of the Doximity App on your device. Here's how you check your app version.
I am having trouble connecting to a video call. Any ideas?
Video calls can be joined using wifi or cellular data. A poor connection on either can lead to a dropped call or inability to connect.
Please try a test call after doing the following:
- On your phone, go to settings.
- Turn off Wifi and try another call.
- If having trouble on cellular, turn on Wifi and try another call.
I am not able to video call because my audio and camera aren’t working, how do I fix this?
In order to join a video call, you must enable your camera and microphone. Here’s how to set up your microphone & camera.
I am now seeing a message that my patient's internet connection is unstable, what should I do?
This message is to let you know that your patient's internet connection is unstable and the video or audio may not be working for the call. When this happens we'd recommend having your patient turn off their wifi or connect to wifi (depending on what they are currently using when you get the connection unstable message).
I don't see Dialer when logged on to Doximity
Dialer video on desktop can be found directly by visiting www.doximity.com/dialer/video.
I am logged on to Doximity and see my waiting room, but cannot start a call.
If you are getting an error message "Your device does not support video calling. Please update your browser or use another device" or "Media connection failed or media activity ceased"
- Please check that you are on a supported browser.
- iPad: Safari (version 11 or higher)
- macOS Desktop: Chrome, Firefox, Safari (version 11 or higher)
- Windows Desktop: Chrome, Safari (version 11 or higher)
- If you are on a supported browser and it still does not work, please check that your browser is upgraded to the latest version.
The video is not showing my face
- If you are using an external camera, try unplugging & replugging in camera
- You may also need to make sure your browser has permission to access your camera and microphone
- Go to browser settings and make sure camera/microphone permissions are set to "ask" or "allow"