The Doximity directory has a profile for nearly all US medical professionals, which includes basic information collected from public sources, such as National Provider Identifier (NPI) data. Doximity maintains and updates the profile until it is claimed by its owner.
Claim your profile and get verified to make updates to it. In the healthcare world, a Doximity profile is your CV and ultimately your brand. Essentially, a strong profile proves that you, the healthcare professional, exist. This is your differentiator and helps with referrals, job hunting, and connecting with colleagues. Think of your Doximity profile as your online CV.
It benefits you to have as much information on your profile as possible but here are some quick tips for getting the most out of your profile:
- Share a professional photo. Profiles with photos are more likely to end up in search results. It will also appear in US News Doctor Finder. Plus, it's just nice to put a face to a name. Here are some tips for the best results.
- Add your title. This short byline can be seen throughout the site when other members are viewing a snippet of your profile.
- Include a summary of yourself. Are you board-certified? What do you specialize in? Take some time to mention who you are and all that you have achieved.
- Check your education. You worked hard for your degrees and titles, don’t hesitate to show them off. This information only strengthens your brand.
- Add your skills and expertise. Skills help surface you in appropriate search results. They also help us deliver a newsfeed that aligns with your interests and expertise.
- Add your boards and medical licenses. Keep your profile up-to-date with your current boards and medical licenses.
Some other items that you may list on your profile are:
- Awards, Honors, and Recognition
- Professional Memberships
- Publications and Presentations
- Authored Content
- Clinical Trials
Updating your profile takes less than 5 minutes. Here is where you can do that: https://www.doximity.com/profile