Doximity has partnered with the leading medical reference tool, UpToDate. Doximity Dialer users can now open the UpToDate reference during their telehealth visits making it easier to find the information you need — when and where you need it.
How to use UpToDate during a telehealth visit
- Go to Dialer Video on your computer’s web browser: https://www.doximity.com/dialer/home
- Enter your patient’s phone number
- Click the video call button to start the call
- Click the 'Sidebar' icon to open the side panel, then click UpToDate
- The first time it will ask you to authorize UpToDate access to your Doximity profile. Click Authorize to link your Doximity and UpToDate accounts.
- If you have a login, click ‘Log In’. If you do not have an account, click ‘Subscribe’.
- If you have access to UpToDate through your institution via IP address, you will be presented with ‘Register’ option while on-site.
- After logging in, subscribing, or registering, your information will be saved and you will automatically be logged in on all subsequent video calls.
- Search for topics in the search bar.
- Full UpToDate access should now be available to you in your Doximity Dialer Video side panel
- If you close the window it will stay closed for all subsequent visits. If you leave the UpToDate panel open, it will remain open the next time you make a call
The UpToDate integration is currently only available via our desktop browser experience.
The Doximity Dialer Video UpToDate integration will work on the following browsers and operating systems: https://support.doximity.com/hc/en-us/articles/360063121793
Safari & Chrome Incognito
Cookies are required to successfully access UpToDate but may not be enabled on your browser.
To enable cookies when using Safari, please go to Preferences > Privacy and uncheck "Prevent cross-site tracking".
When using Chrome, please update your General Settings and select "Block third-party cookies in Incognito" or "Allow all cookies".
For information on how to claim CME through UpToDate, please visit the UpToDate website.