You can now send patient education content to your patients after a Dialer Video visit or Voice Call. Doximity has partnered with UpToDate to provide access to patient education content and handouts. To see how the feature works follow the steps below.
Note: This feature is only available on Android and iOS. Dialer desktop coming soon!
If you are looking for a texting overview you may find this article helpful. How to Access Post-Call Texting
How to Access Patient Education After a Dialer Voice or Dialer Video Call
1) Start a Dialer video or voice call in the Doximity app on your iPhone or Android
2) Have your telehealth visit and hang up the video call or voice call
3) You'll then see the option to send your patient "UpToDate Patient Education." You do not need to have your own subscription for UpToDate to access or send content.
4) Search for the topic you would like to cover with your patient.
5) You can preview the content before sending it to your patient by tapping on the result. The preview will display the content that your patient will see.
6) You can send the educational content to your patient either by tapping the blue send arrow from the search results or from the preview of the content.
7) Review the preview (you cannot edit the message at this time) and tap "Send". You will see a confirmation that the text was sent and you can review the status of the text in your recents.
What Your Patient Sees
1) Your patient will receive a text message with a link to view the secure message.
2) The secure message will contain a link to the content that you have shared with them.
3) They will have access to the content link for 6 months and can print the content at any time.
1) Do I need an UpToDate subscription to send my patient educational resources?
Nope! Doximity has partnered with UpToDate to provide access to patient education. You do not need a subscription to UpToDate to search for or send resources.
2) Will you support more content in the future?
Yes, we have plans to expand the sources we can pull content from in the future (including custom content) but currently, all educational material is sourced directly from UpToDate.
3) How long can my patient access this content?
Your patient can view your original secure message for 7 days. The patient education content will remain available for 6 months.