Now after your video and phone calls, you have the option to send your patients a no-reply post-call text message for iOS and Android.
Note: This feature is only available on iOS and Android.
If your patient joins your call:
- Start a Dialer video or phone call in the Doximity app on your iPhone
- Have your telehealth visit and hang up the video or phone call
- You'll then see the screen below with the option to send your patient a no-reply text, tap either 'Custom message', 'Schedule Follow-up', 'Thank you note', 'Suggest a colleague', 'UpToDate patient Education' or 'Send my business card' depending on what you'd like to send them.
1) Tapping on 'Schedule Follow-up', or 'Thank you note', will bring up a preview of the automated text message, which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'.
2) Tapping 'Suggest a colleague' will bring up the options window where you'll see a list of previously searched physicians or where you can search for a specialist by name, skill, specialty, hospital, or city. Once you tap the specialist you'd like to send you'll see a preview of the automated text message. You can edit the template to your liking and when you're ready to send it to your patient tap 'Send' in the upper right corner of your screen.
3) Tap 'UpToDate patient Education' to send patient education content to your patients after a Dialer visit. If you are looking for information about Patient Education Content Texts you may find this article helpful: Post-Call Patient Education Content
4) Tap 'Send my business card' to send a digital business card to your patient. The business card will display your Office name and your Caller ID phone number which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'.
If your patient does not join the call:
- If your patient doesn't join your video or phone call then you'll then see the screen below where you're given the option of 'Custom message', 'I'll Try Again Soon', 'Please reschedule', or 'Send my business card'. Android users will also see a text template called 'Suggest a Colleague'.
1) Tapping 'Custom message', will bring up a preview of the automated text message, which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'. If the message you are typing is one you frequently send to patients, you can elect to save it as a 'Template'. Once you add a name for your template it will be added to the list of text options you see after sending a call. You can manage your templates from the dialer settings by tapping on the 'Gear' icon in the upper right-hand corner within the dialer tab.
2) Tapping 'I'll try again soon' or 'Please reschedule', will bring up a preview of the automated text message, which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'.
1) What devices support post-call texting?
The post-call texting feature is only available on iOS and Android.
2) Why is this feature not showing up on my desktop video calls?
Currently, this feature is only available on iOS and Android.
3) Does post-call texting work after dialer video and voice calls?
Yes, the post-call texting feature appears after Dialer video and phone calls.
4) Can I customize the text I send?
Yes, you can edit any of the text options or send a custom text by selecting 'Custom Message'.
5) Is there a way to see if my patient has read my text?
Yes, once your patient reads your text message, you will receive a notification. To receive notifications when your patient reads your message, please enable your notifications.
Please note, when you enable notifications, you will be turning on notifications for all features. We do not have a notification section for only texting, at this time.
You can also view your text history when a text has been delivered, failed to send, read by the patient, or declined. To learn how to view your text history, click this link HERE.