Now after your video and phone calls, you have the option to send your patients a no-reply post-call text message for Android.
Note: This feature is only available on iOS and Android. Dialer desktop coming soon!
If your patient joins your call:
- Start a Dialer video or phone call in the Doximity app on your Android
- Have your telehealth visit and hang up the video or phone call
- You'll then see the screen below with the option to send your patient a no-reply text, tap either 'Custom Message', 'Free at-home Covid Tests', 'Send in 24 hours Schedul..', 'Schedule Follow-up', 'Thank you note', 'Suggest a colleague', 'UpToDate patient Education' or 'Share my contact info' depending on what you'd like to send them.
1) Tapping 'Free at-home Covid Tests', 'Send in 24 hours Schedul..', 'Schedule Follow-up', or 'Thank you note', will bring up a preview of the automated text message, which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'.
2) Tapping 'Suggest a colleague' will bring up the options window where you'll see a list of previously searched physicians or where you can search for a specialist by name, skill, specialty, hospital, or city. Once you tap the specialist you'd like to send you'll see a preview of the automated text message. You can edit the template to your liking and when you're ready to send it to your patient tap 'Send'.
3) Tap 'UpToDate patient Education' to send patient education content to your patients after a Dialer visit. If you are looking for information about Patient Education Content Texts you may find this article helpful: Post-Call Patient Education Content
4) Tap 'Share my contact info' to send your contact info to your patient. The text will display your Office name and your Caller ID phone number which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'.
If your patient does not join the call:
If your patient doesn't join your video call then you'll then see the screen below where you're given the option of ' Custom Message', 'I'll Try Again Soon', 'Please reschedule', or 'Share my contact info'.
1) Tapping 'Custom Message', will bring up a preview of the automated text message, which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'. If the message you are typing is one you frequently send to patients, you can elect to save it as a template by checking the box to the left of 'Save this as a template'. Once you add the Button name for your template, it will be added to the list of text options you see after sending a call. You can manage your templates from the dialer settings by tapping on the 'Gear' on the dialer tab. Under Dialer settings, tap on 'Text templates' and you will see all of your saved custom text templates.
2) Tapping 'I'll try again soon' or 'Please reschedule', will bring up a preview of the automated text message, which you can edit to your liking. When you're ready to send it to your patient, tap 'Send'.
1) What devices support post-call texting?
The post-call texting feature is only available on iOS and Android right now. It will be coming to dialer desktop soon!
2) Why is this feature not showing up on my desktop video calls?
Currently, this feature is only available on iOS and Android.
3) Does post-call texting work after dialer video and voice calls?
Yes, the post-call texting feature appears after Dialer video and phone calls.
4) Can I customize the text I send?
Yes, you can edit any of the text options or send a custom text by selecting 'Custom Message'.
5) Is there a way to see if my patient has read my text?
Yes, once your patient reads your text message, you will receive a notification. To receive notifications when your patient reads your message, please enable your notifications.
You can also view your text history when a text has been delivered, failed to send, read by the patient, or declined. To learn how to view your text history, click this link HERE.
6) Do my patients have to give consent to receive these text messages?
Yes, your patient will see the consent screen below where they'll have to opt-in every time you send them a Doximity post-call text.