You can now add an attachment when sending no-reply texts to your patients. To see how the feature works follow the steps below.
Here are the steps to add an attachment to a Dialer text
- Open up the Doximity application on your device and tap on the 'Dialer' tab.
- Type in a phone number on your dialer dial pad.
- Tap the green 'Send Text' button at the bottom left of the dial pad.
- Tap on 'Compose' or a template you would like to use.
- If you are not using a text template, type out your text message.
- Next, add an attachment by tapping the 'Attach or Attach file' icon in the bottom left corner.
- A pop-up menu will appear allowing you to choose where to select your attachment. Select the location of the file, and then select the file you wish to attach.
- On iOS, if you wish to change or discard the attachment you have selected, simply tap the small icon in the bottom left that displays your currently selected attachment.
- This will display a full-sized preview of your selected attachment as well as a trash can icon in the top right corner.
- Tap the trash can icon and then tap 'Delete' to remove your selected attachment. You can then follow the above steps to add a different attachment.
- On Android, if you wish to discard the attachment you have selected, simply tap the small 'X' icon in the bottom left that displays next to the name of the file you have selected. You can then follow the above steps to add a different attachment.
- Once you have finished composing your text message and adding your attachment, tap 'Send' or the 'Arrow' icon in the top right corner to send your text to the patient.
- That's it! Your patient will then receive the no-reply text from an 882-86 number.
What Your Patients Will See
1) Your patient will receive a no-reply text from an 882-86 number with a link to view the secure message.
2) Once your patient taps on the secure message link, a browser window will open on their phone allowing them to view the text message and attachment.
Please Note: All messages and attachments will expire after 7 days.