Doximity fax on the mobile app now has the ability to forward faxes. You can forward a fax as a new fax or email or you can use the share option for a wider variety of forwarding options such as forwarding your fax via text message.
NOTE: Forwarding as an Email or through 'Share Via...' is currently only available on iOS.
Android coming soon.
Here are the steps to forward a fax on the app:
- To forward a fax from your device, access the Doximity app
- Tap on the 'Fax/Msg' button. This will open your Fax 'Inbox'
- Faxes can be forwarded from your fax 'Inbox', 'Sent', and 'Archive'
- The app will default to your fax 'Inbox'. Tap on 'Sent', or 'Archive' to forward a fax from your Sent or Archived faxes
- Tap on the fax you wish to forward. Then tap on 'Forward' at the bottom of the page
- A pop-up menu will appear allowing you to choose 'As Fax', 'As Email', or 'Share via...' for a wider variety of forwarding options such as forwarding your fax via text message
Forwarding as a Fax
- If you tap 'As Fax', you will be directed to input a fax number
- Enter the fax number or name of your recipient at the top
- Next, you will be directed to a page to finish composing your fax. If desired, enter text in the area above the Coversheet that says: 'Optional cover page text'
- Underneath the 'Optional cover page text' section you will see a preview icon of your forwarded fax PDF file next to your Coversheet. Tap the forwarded fax PDF file icon to see a full-sized preview. In the upper right of the PDF file preview, you can tap on the 'trash can' to discard your forwarded fax file. Tap the blue 'arrow' in the top left of the PDF file preview to return to the previous screen. If you wish to add an additional file attachment, tap on the '+' icon to select an additional file
- Once complete, Tap 'Send' in the top right corner
Forwarding as an Email
NOTE: If you choose to forward a fax 'As Email' your personal email address will be visible to the recipient! Please ensure you choose to use an email address that you don't mind the recipient seeing. Also, to protect your patients, never send PHI via non-secure email.
- If you tap 'As Email', you will be directed to a pop-up window of your iOS email client to compose your email with a PDF attachment of your forwarded fax included
- Enter the email address of your recipient in the 'To:' section at the top
- The 'From:' section will automatically preload your most frequently used email address. Tapping on your email address will open a small pop-up listing all the email addresses you have signed into in the iOS mail app. Tap on the email address you wish to send your message from
- If desired, you can change the Email 'Subject'. You can also tap on the body of the email to add a message along with your forwarded attachment
- Once complete, Tap the blue 'Send Arrow' in the top right corner
Forwarding using 'Share Via...'
NOTE: If you use 'Share Via...' to forward your fax as a text message, your personal phone number will be visible to the recipient! If you do not wish to disclose your phone number to the recipient, please use Dialer Text to send a no-reply text message to your patient. You can instead save your forwarded fax PDF file to your device and then add that PDF as an attachment in Dialer Text. Also, to protect your patients, never send PHI via text.
- If you tap 'Share Via...', the iPhone 'share' window will pop up allowing you to choose your preferred method to share your forwarded fax PDF document
- The 'share' pop-up has a range of sharing options that may vary based on the apps you have installed on your device. Common options include sharing via Text Message, Airdrop, or saving to Notes. Scrolling further down on the 'share' pop-up will reveal additional options such as Print and Save to Files
- Tap your preferred method on the 'share' pop-up window to send or save your forwarded fax PDF file. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete sending or saving your PDF file
- Please note, If you use 'Share Via...' to forward your fax as a text message, your personal phone number will be visible to the recipient! If you do not wish to disclose your phone number to the recipient, please use Dialer Text to send a no-reply text message to your patient
- As a workaround, you can use the 'Save to Files' option under the 'share' pop-up window. This will allow you to save your forwarded fax PDF file to the Files app on your phone and then add that PDF as an attachment in Dialer Text. For more information on how to add an attachment in Dialer Text please see the Dialer Text Attachment FAQ
- Coming soon!