Calling patients can sometimes mean multiple people need to be on the same call. Specialists, residents, interpreters, nutritionists, social workers, and other colleagues are a vital part of patient communication.
We offer the ability to include up to 3 participants in a Dialer Voice call.
You can use Dialer Pro to make a three-way conference call with a patient by tapping the “Add” button while in an active call, choosing to add either a second participant or a saved interpreter, and joining the calls with the “Merge” button.
To add an additional participant to a call with Dialer:
1) Use Doximity Dialer to call your patient.
2) Once connected tap the + “Add” button from the iPhone interface.
3) Choose to add another person to the call or to select and call one of your saved interpreter numbers.
4) If calling a second participant, (not an interpreter) simply tap to choose a number from your contacts list or enter their number from the dial pad.
5) If calling an interpreter, select one of your saved numbers or tap"+ Add Interpreter" to enter and save a new interpreter number.
6) Your first call will be put on hold while you connect with the second participant.
7) To join the calls, simply tap the "Merge" button, and the calls will be joined.
8) If you leave the call, your participants will still be connected.
PLEASE NOTE: If you disable the VoIP feature, ONLY the first person you dial will see the Caller ID you added with the Dialer feature. Any additional call you launch will display your personal cell phone number.
1) Call your patient using Doximity, and tap to add a second participant
2) Choose a second participant, or a saved interpreter
2a) If you choose to add an interpreter, select from an already saved interpreter or enter a new phone number to add and save a new interpreter.
2b) If you add a second participant, select them from your contacts or enter their phone number
3) Tap the call button to put your first participant on hold and call the second person. Once they pick up, you should see the ability to Merge Calls.
4) Tap Merge Calls
5) Once merged, the patient will be able to hear the 2nd person. You can add up to 3 call recipients including yourself. If you leave the call, your other participants will remain connected.