To use any of Doximity Dialer’s communication tools (video, calling, or voicemail), you must be a verified Doximity member.
- If you’re a verified MD, DO, NP, PA, Pharmacist, Pharm student, or Med student, you can use Dialer Video
- Otherwise, you must purchase Dialer Pro or have access under your institution's Enterprise license
In order to join the video call from your computer please make sure your computer has:
- A built-in camera or attached camera so you can see your patient
- A built-in microphone or attached microphone so you can talk to your patient
- A built-in speaker or attached speaker so you can hear your patient
Desktop Browser Requirements:
- MacOS Desktop: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge
- Windows Desktop: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge
We also recommend testing your system by running our diagnostics test. This test checks for device setup, browser compatibility, connectivity, and network strength conditions that ensure a successful video call.
How To Place Your First Call On Desktop:
Please note, that the system currently does not allow dialing extensions while using the VIDEO feature and adding a 3rd person to any appointment. If you need to add someone to a Video appointment that requires dialing an extension, you must use the VOICE feature to connect with the person who requires the extension. You must dial the phone number and enter the extension first, before merging the call.
To place your first video call on desktop, please follow the steps below.
Click 'Settings'. Under 'Your Mobile Number', click on the blue 'Add Number' button.
You'll then be prompted to enter the mobile phone number you'd like to receive text message alerts when your patient has joined the video call room. Enter your mobile number in both fields, then click 'Done'.
Note: This number will never be shared with patients and you’ll only have to complete this step once.
Click 'Video' next to History. To start a call, enter your patient's cell phone number in the blank field and click the green 'Video' button.
Note: Clicking the green 'Video' call button will automatically send a text message to your patient from an 882-86 short number inviting them to join your call. See the screen below for what your patient will receive.
Once you join the call you’ll need to enable your web browser's microphone and camera so your patient can hear/see you. Click ‘Allow Camera & Microphone Access’. Again, you will only need to do this once.
After you allow camera & microphone phone access, you'll be brought into the video call room where you can either:
- Wait for your patient to join
- Hang up and we'll text you when your patient joins the call
Note: If you choose this option you can click the green video button on your History: Video list to rejoin the call.
Use the 'Call Nudge' button to call your patient without leaving the video call room if they miss the text you've sent them or forget about your scheduled video visit. See here for instructions on how to Call Nudge on desktop.