To use any of Doximity Dialer’s communication tools (video, calling, or voicemail), you must be a verified Doximity member.
- If you’re a verified physician, NP, PA, or medical student, you can use Dialer Video
- Otherwise, you must purchase Dialer Pro
In order to join the video call from your computer please make sure your computer has:
- A built-in camera or attached camera so you can see your patient
- A built-in microphone or attached microphone so you can talk to your patient
- A built-in speaker or attached speaker so you can hear your patient
Desktop Browser Requirements:
- MacOS Desktop: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge
- Windows Desktop: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge
We also recommend testing your system by running our diagnostics test. This test checks for device setup, browser compatibility, connectivity, and network strength conditions that ensure a successful video call.
How-To Place Your First Call On Desktop:
To place your first video call on desktop, please follow the steps below.
Click Settings. Under Your Mobile Number, click on the blue 'Add Number' button
You'll then be prompted to enter the mobile phone number you'd like to receive text message alerts when your patient has joined the video call room. Enter your mobile number in both fields, then click 'Done'.
Note: This number will never be shared with patients and you’ll only have to complete this step once
Click 'Video' next to History. To start a call, enter your patient's cell phone number in the blank field and click the green video icon.
Note: Clicking the green video call button will automatically send a text message to your patient from an 882-86 short number inviting them to join your call. See the screen below for what your patient will receive.
Once you join the call you’ll need to enable your web browser's microphone and camera so your patient can hear/see you. Click ‘Allow Camera & Microphone Access’. Again, you will only need to do this once.
Step 5A & 5B
After you allow camera & microphone phone access, you'll be brought into the video call room where you can either:
- Wait for your patient to join (5A)
- Hang up and we'll text you when your patient joins the call (5B).
Note: If you choose this option you can click the video icon on your History: Video list to rejoin the call. (See 5B)
Use the 'Call Nudge' button to call your patient without leaving the video call room if they miss the text you've sent them or forget about your scheduled video visit.
That’s it! You and your patient should both be connected to the video call.