We now offer a new Dialer scanning feature for Android devices. You can now scan a phone number by accessing your camera when trying to dial a phone number on the Dialer tab.
NOTE: you must have the latest Doximity version of 10.56.0 to use the scanning feature
To access the new scanning feature for Dialer:
- Access the Doximity app
- Tap on the 'Dialer' tab
- Tap on the Dialer scanning feature located on the left-hand side above the dial pad
- You will be prompt to allow access to your phone's camera
- Place the scanning bar over the phone number that you are trying to scan
- Tap the bar containing the phone number that you scanned
You will now see the scanned phone number appear in the Dialer tab.
- Tap 'Video Call' or 'Phone Call' to start the call
Please note, that the scanner will not be able to decipher a handwritten phone number if the writing is illegible.
Android users also have the option to either select a phone number from their contacts, or scan a phone number with their camera. To select one of these options:
- Tap on 'Settings' located under the number 7
- Tap on 'Patient Number Selection'
- Tap on either 'Select from Contacts' or 'Scan Number with Camera'